I was looking forward to starting this blog in partnership with my pal Renee on January 1st, 2015 my first day of retirement… life got in the way for both of us and it is now December (almost January 2016) are we finally ready?!
I loved my work as the Executive Director of a non profit and learned so much about the human spirit (more about this later) and spent two years planning my “stepping down” (notice avoidance of the word “retire”). I was positive I was going to be the first person who ever said “what am I going to do to fill up the days” rather than the ad nauseam “when did I ever have time to work?”. My inner scream was constantly being activated by well-meaning people telling me how much I would love this next step. Full disclosure, I didn’t step down until I was almost 70….ish, how did that happen? When did people stop looking at me in amazement when I said I was a grandmother and when, despite adopting my youngest looking stance and expression, did young “upstarts” begin offering me their seat on the subway?!
What do I plan to blog about ?
- Filling the days without just filling the days
- Meeting new and interesting people
- Tips on discovering how to get along with yourself, sort of.
- Enjoying new opportunities-learning to embrace them rather than thinking of them as obligations I got myself into and can’t get out of because the tickets were purchased or because I’m bringing the wine.
- Senior (hate that word) beauty and health tips that may not work but aren’t harmful and may even be worth the effort!
9 thoughts on “And So It Begins……”
Can’t wait to read more!
Thanks Mimi, I am so excited to have a “follower”!!!
Can you believe in all my ——- years. I have never read one blog until now. I never even knew what a blog was!! Am so looking forward to what you have to blog about. I/m sure I will even learn a thing or two. Good for you. Love you.
So well written, Florence. I’m enjoying reading your blog and can’t wait for more. Congratulations
I am loving this!
Go Nana! This blog rocks!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks SO much for reading my blog and the generous praise aorley!!:)
Very enjoyable blog. Your voice is authentic and likeable!
Thanks Carina, love your comment!!:-)